By submitting your personal information to WAL'S Employment Agency through any means, you consent to the use of your information as set out in the Policy. If you do not agree with any term of the Policy, please do not use WAL's services or website.
COLLECTION OR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Policy relates to personal information collected by any means. It is WAL's usual practice to collect this personal information directly from you. However, often your personal information is collected through the use of WAL's website or in response to WAL's printed and online advertisements. Furthermore, there may be occasions when WAL's will source personal information from an external third party, or a publicly available source. In these circumstances, WAL's will take reasonable steps where practicable to inform you that it has collected personal information from the third party.
The type of personal information we collect and use will depend on various factors such as the type of services you request or use and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations. This may include, but is not limited to, collection and use of the following kinds of information:
- Contact – information that allows us to communicate with you (e.g. e-mail, social media contact details, address, telephone number).
- Identity – information that allows us to identify you (e.g. name, date of birth, occupation, and government-issued identification).
- Professional – information that helps us to understand more about you including your employment history, qualifications, talents, skills and abilities (e.g. references, resume and qualification documents).
- Financial – information that allows WAL's to pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor (e.g. bank details, tax details).
- Other individuals – information we request, or that you provide, about an individual other than yourself (e.g. previous employer and referees).
- Immigration – information that allows us to verify that you are legally permitted to work (e.g. evidence of citizenship, visa or work permit documents).
As a general rule, WAL's does not collect sensitive information about you (e.g. health information) unless relevant or necessary for the purposes of providing our services to you. However, in circumstances where WAL's requires sensitive information from you, WAL's will first seek your consent to collect it.
If you do not provide information, or the information provided is insufficient or inaccurate, WAL's will be limited in its ability to provide its services to you.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
WAL's collects your personal information so that WAL's can:
- Assist you in finding or retaining work;
- Assist in your career performance or management;
- Analyse human resource and labour markets;
- Develop tests and assessments in order to place you in appropriate roles;
- Pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor;
- Help in work rehabilitation;
- Directly market recruitment services to you (you have a right to opt-out from receiving direct marketing emails); or
- Provide you with WAL's services.
USE BY THIRD PARTIES
WAL's may use and disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as providing you with one of our services. Accordingly, WAL's may disclose your personal information to a number of third parties (located onshore or overseas), including but not limited to:
- WAL's related entities;
- prospective employers;
- clients who may wish to engage your services as a contractor or temporary employee;
- WAL's suppliers or service providers, including (but not limited to) organisations that conduct competency or psychometric tests or payroll processing services on behalf of WAL's;
- your nominated referees;
- any government authority;
- any law enforcement body, including the police; or
- any educational or vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
If WAL's discloses personal information to any third party, WAL's will generally require these parties to protect such personal information in the same way that WAL's does.
WAL's takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects is accurate, up to date and complete.
In circumstances where your personal information has changed please contact the Privacy Officer, they will endeavour to update and correct the information in accordance with applicable privacy law. WAL's may also contact you from time to time to check the information is still correct.
DATA SECURITY AND STORAGE
WAL's takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from loss, unauthorised access, and misuse. The use of locks and security systems assist WAL's in protecting your personal information. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on WAL's software or systems. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON WAL'S WEBSITE
Users are advised that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet. The Internet is an open system and WAL's cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit will not be intercepted by others. Our websites may include links to external websites operated by other organisations. They may collect personal information from visitors to their site. WAL's cannot guarantee the content or privacy practices of any external websites and does not accept responsibility for those websites.
When you access WAL's's website, WAL's gathers information about users collectively. Such information includes the areas that users visit most frequently and the services users access the most. WAL's will only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. By doing so, WAL's can optimise the services it provides to you.
WAL's may also collect personal information that individuals choose to provide via online forms or by email. Any personal information provided online is treated in the same manner as any personal information collected through other means (unless specifically outlined in this Policy).
Please contact our Privacy Officer at WAL's if you have a request relating to any of the following:
- if you would like to access, or correct, your personal information held by WAL's;
- if you would like your personal information removed from the WAL's;
- if you would like to opt-out from receiving direct marketing e-mails; or
- any general queries relating to this Policy.
You may contact WAL's Privacy Officer by email:
If you have a privacy related complaint, you may contact the Privacy Officer at the email address set out above. Your email should set out sufficient details of your complaint, including any alleged breach of applicable privacy law.
The Privacy Officer must consider your complaint and will contact you within a reasonable time to advise you of their determination and/or to request further details;
In the event that the Privacy Officer determines that there has been a breach of this Policy, the Privacy Officer will direct WAL's to take appropriate steps to rectify that breach, and will keep you informed of both the nature of the breach and the steps taken to rectify the breach.
The Privacy Officer will keep a secure record of all complaints.